Sunday 1 February 2015

Three Bracelets

Three wee bracelets for you today, all quite different from one another. 

Most frequent readers will know that I *love* colour in general, but I think it's fair to say I tend toward to vibrant. I reached for the softer tones here though, and I'm pretty pleased with it's gentleness. We can always do with a wee bit more gentleness in the world.

Ceramic bird - Something to do beads
Polymer rondelles - Alison Sachs

This bracelet seems very 'me' to my eyes. I love flowers (especially in bead-form, it must be said!), I love turquoise and orange/red and I love birds. And if you add in a piece of vintage brass chain from Paris, it can't hurt, can it? Unfortunately this bracelet is an absolute pest to photograph. The chain section just doesn't behave when sat on a flat surface. Much better on the wrist. I hope you still get a good idea of it nonetheless.



This last one is a bit different in more ways than one. It's a return from Stringing magazine, where it was published in the Winter 2014 edition. The first issue with some of my designs featured - I was pretty chuffed! It was part of the issue's 'delicate femininity' section, and I love, love, love the palette which Stringing selected, part of which you can see below. Hand-cut tiny gemstones, a bit of organic rusticity alongside it's delicate palette and general dainty-nature. My quandary now is that I just don't know how to price this type of piece. It's unusual that I would use quite so many gemstones in one piece. I get most of my gemstones from Precious Sparkle Beads and honestly, the quality is second to none. So I am keen not to undervalue a piece like this with the wrong price. It may be that I just *have* to keep it for myself.....oh well, it's a hard life and all that! 



5 comments:

Alice said...

Beautiful! I keep making earrings because they are so easy and forget to make bracelets

swisssidejewelleryetc said...

All those bracelets are really gorgeous - the Blooming one is my absolute favourite. But I am wondering what stringing thread/wire you used to withstand the weight of those beads?

Unknown said...

Absolutely blooming gorgeous.

Christals Creations said...

Lovely bracelets. I think the second is my favourite by a margin.
:)

Silver Parrot said...

You always have such fun, colorful designs! I just got some of those poly clay birdies (in a different color scheme) from Tree Wings and I can't wait to use them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails