Saturday 5 July 2014

Colour!

Do you love colour as much as I do? I expect that quite a few people who read my blog are also rather in love with it too. It's often the first thing I turn to when starting to design. Either the colours within a handmade bead, the lovely and sometimes unexpected harmony that occurs when bead fall together on my worktop, or external stimulus. 

And one of my favourite external stimuli to turn to is Design Seeds. If you're not familiar with this as a resource/source of inspiration/lovely website to browse through, then I suggest you hop over there NOW! You can also sign up to get daily emails, and I always look forward to a new palette or two arriving in my inbox every day. Colour simply never fails to make me smile....

Here you can see an example of what comes from working with a palette:

Initial inspiration...
Citrus Blues

...and finished jewellery.
Wild Fire (sold)

I just love these colours together - they make each other pop! 

Wild Fire
The contrast between the sunshine orange and the true royal blue is just gorgeous!

Here's another palette I have 'pinned' to my computer screen. Watch this space to see what I do with this one...

A Door Hues from Design-Seeds
Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Belfast, Northern Ireland. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Kimberly @ kimberussell.com said...

That site is beautiful - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails