Thursday 22 November 2012

Roll Up! To The Curious Bead Shop...

Roll up, Roll up! Wilkommen, Bienvenue and Welcome to my newest venture....The Curious Bead Shop


For some time now, I have had a little image in my head, of a tiny, old-fashioned shop. One that has a bell on the door when someone enters, and lots of dark wood, and painted white floorboards. Where I have a seat by the window, and that window looks out onto a windswept bay, all the colours of the sea and sand appearing outside my window, changing throughout the year. One where I can sell beautiful handmade beads and components, czech glass in rich, saturated colours, and beautiful cords and ribbons in all hues of the rainbow. 

Well, today - 22nd November 2012 - I took one step towards this image. I don't know if this image will ever come true quite how I envisage it now, perhaps it will always remain a virtual space....but I am excited to announce that The Curious Bead Shop has now opened. I have plans for handmade findings and enamelled components (look out early 2013!) to add to my very select bead selection. And I am excited that I am one of the first Uk sellers to be stocking waxed linen cord - one of the first sellers in Europe I believe! (Another UK shop soon to be selling waxed linen cord, and a slightly different selection to me is long-time favourite bead shop of mine, Smitten Beads. Please do take a minute to check out Claire's bead emporium! She has quite the eye for style and colour...) I am not only stocking 4ply waxed linen cord, but also 2ply and soon to come, 7ply

So why not take a peek? I will be adding more goodies all weekend, and up until Monday morning, you can take advantage of my opening discount coupon - ROLLUP10 for 10% off all purchases. (And if I add some beads or cord that you just can't resist after you've made a purchase, no worries - I will refund your postage with any further purchases over the weekend.) 




13 comments:

bo hulley said...

I have made my first purchase and can't wait to see what else appears over the weekend! xxx

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh! Miss Rebecca! This is exactly the sort of place I envision as well. I even had the perfect spot for it this summer... but the funds weren't there to purchase it. Someday... I am thrilled that you have started this venture. I look forward to browsing your shop. If there is ever anything that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. Wishing you all the best in this new endeavor! (And I love your logo, of course! ;-)
Enjoy the day.
Erin

SmittenBeads said...

Evenin oh super tallented one, I'm lovin your new shop, especially the name and the wonderful picture you paint. Thank you so much for the mention, you sweetie. Wishing you huge amounts of luck with your new venture. Claire xx

Shee Sews said...

Oh loving that image you paint in my imagination, would love to come visit that shop :) Can't wait to see these components in 2013 and will certainly be visiting for some goodies, woopee! Good Luck although I am sure you will do very well in your new venture xx

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

Wow, good luck with your new venture, you are an inspiration!
Deb x

Alice said...

What a sweet vision you have painted in my mind! Congratulations on you new shop and a step towards your dream. I'm so excited for you!!!

SunnyB said...

Hi Rebecca, Congratulations on following through on a dream. You set us all a good example. It gives me inspiration to get more crafty! The cord is something I do not know much about, I thought you were talking tissue ply for a second! But if you could put descriptions on your wax linen cord items to help newbies like me know which to go for it would be a great help. Good Luck and hope it's a great success.

SunnyB said...

Hi , sorry, I just visited your new shop and you have explained everything well. Thank you.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Oh my goodness...congratulations on opening your store:)

Unknown said...

Rebecca, I am so happy for you this is amazing, I can't wait to see the wonderful goodies you provide for us bead-a-holic's. I firmly believe that you have a great eye for finding the most wonderful things and I can't wait for us to take advantage of your good taste. All the best my dear UK friend!!!

much love,
Penny

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bibe said...

Great selection of beads here Rebecca :-)

My favourite are the St Ives and Liquid Light - Think they'd go well together!

Thanks for sharing :-)

Belle West said...

I love the description of your bead shop by the bay. What a wonderful picture you paint. I was {once} a singer and my family is from Scotland... we have much in common. In addition to making jewelry... I just found you on FB as well. So much beauty in your work. Awe inspiring.
Blessings,
Donna XOX

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails